Job Ref ID: 2019-063
Summary of Position
Viela Bio is looking for a talented and highly motivated Director, Medical Science Liaison Lead. As the lead of our field-based team, this position will function as an extension of the Medical Affairs organization and will be responsible for ensuring the MSLs are developing and managing professional relationships with the team and medical thought leaders involved in various stages of product development and medical organizations including treatment centers, established societies and associates. This position ensures that she/he and the team provide medical information through scientific exchange and supports the company’s scientific and clinical needs.
- Lead the MSLs to build strong relationships and scientific partnership with key scientific centers and key external experts.
- Deliver clinical/scientific information to varied audiences with effect.
- Creation of materials – Meeting and conference reports, presentations, internal training curricula, etc.
- Collaborates with Market Access team, to identify opportunities and needs that maybe addressed via communication of scientific, medical and health economic information.
- Participates in medical education initiatives for HCPs through presentations at offices and other appropriate venues to enhance product knowledge, disease state education and other relevant medical information. Presentations may be related to our product or in response to unsolicited requests.
- Maintains clinical and scientific acumen by staying abreast of scientific literature and by attending relevant symposia, scientific workshops, CME events.
- Supports company-sponsored and investigator-sponsored research projects where applicable.
- Approximately 50-60% travel is required. Position may be Field Based.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years of MSL experience in autoimmune or rare disease area preferred.
- 5 years building and leading teams.
- Launch experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Outstanding strategic thinking, problem-solving/innovative/creative.
- Organizational and communication skills both internally and to external partners.
- Time and territory management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare compliance requirements and regulatory trends that directly and indirectly impact field medical.
- Excellent communicator and skilled diplomat in all venues, including the ability to effectively combine science knowledge and communication skills.
Education & Minimal Requirement
PharmD; PhD, MBA preferred
Please click HERE to submit your resume and cover letter. (Make sure to click Upload button on bottom left after your file selections)