Job Ref ID: 2019-061
Summary of Position
Viela Bio is looking for a talented and highly motivated Director/Sr. Director, Global Program Development Lead (GPL). This person will be the program champion and lead a team of cross functional leaders that develop the strategy and plans for development projects. The GPL is the primary liaison between team/sub-teams and senior leadership and has overall accountability for the integrated strategy.
- Lead the GPT (Global Program Team) in the generation of a Target Product Profile and the cross-functional compound development and lifecycle strategy taking global considerations into account.
- Lead GPT in development of forward-looking integrated development plans that are aligned with program strategy and ensures assumptions and drivers are aligned with plans to inform financial planning.
- Lead efforts in partnership with line functions to optimize value of the compound throughout its lifecycle.
- Ensure potential risks are identified and contingency planning with a solution focused mindset.
- Ensure cross functional partnerships and resources are leveraged effectively, and with accountability, to achieve program objectives.
- Drive collaboration and transparency across all functions and challenge team members to be broad and inclusive in their strategy planning.
- Resolve conflicts, provide and receive feedback to develop and maintain a high performing team and if necessary escalate team member performance related issues to functional management.
- Ensure that team recommendations are brought to appropriate governance for management buy-in and decisions.
- Ensure alignment of program strategy/plan/execution with management and corporate expectations & priorities.
- Lead GPT in the development of scenarios and recommendations and present for decision making at various governance bodies.
- Single point of contact on program for senior and functional management.
- Ensures communication of rationale and context for decisions made to team.
- Leads team in developing a comprehensive internal and external communication plan with team input for important program milestones, key data, etc.
- Reviews and agrees to publication plan, reviews publication concepts, presentations and manuscripts.
- Primary source for information as needed for external communications (press releases, investor related, etc.).
- Reviews health authority related documents and ensures consistency with strategic objectives for the program.
- Timely progress and execution against strategy and plans.
- Timely and aligned input into drivers for portfolio planning and budget process.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8 — 12 years of pharma/biotech industry experience in drug development including experience in early phase non-clinical and/or clinical drug development and regulatory knowledge.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the science of the therapeutic area.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of project strategy and be accountable for project plans, timelines, progress, and outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience leading and motivating teams in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate excellent cross-functional collaborations.
- Strong organizing and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels of an
- Demonstrated success in influencing colleagues and leaders in various departments.
- Must demonstrate high integrity.
Education & Minimal Requirement
College degree in a scientific, medical, or business discipline is required. A graduate degree such as M.D., Ph.D., or PharmD is highly desired and will make the candidate most competitive.
Please click HERE to submit your resume and cover letter. (Make sure to click Upload button on bottom left after your file selections)