Job Ref ID: 2019-099
Summary of Position
Viela Bio is looking for a talented and highly motivated candidate for Director/Senior Director Patient Access and Hub Services. This person will design and implement patient services/HUB programs while also managing the ongoing operations. These services/programs will support the needs of patients with rare auto-immune diseases. In addition, this individual will develop HUB and co-pay assistance strategy, lead the selection and contracting of service providers and manage all contracted reimbursement and customer service operations while supporting a culture of transparency, collaboration and growth. Responsibilities include ensuring Viela Bio’s HUB and co-pay assistance operations provide the highest level of customer service in helping patients start and stay on Viela Bio’s products.
This individual reports to the Vice President, Market Access and has oversight responsibility for contracted reimbursement case managers, customer service specialists and other external vendor partners. This role is responsible for collaborating with multiple functional groups, including but not limited to Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Patient & Professional Engagement, Medical Affairs, Legal, and IT.
- Provide leadership, oversight and management to ensure the effective functioning of the HUB and co-pay assistance program by establishing and monitoring program goals and key performance indicators.
- Ensure HUB performance is communicated to key stakeholders by developing and implementing performance dashboard and improvement plans as needed.
- Lead cross functional teams to develop program enhancements that will optimize customer service and patient access by identifying emerging service opportunities.
- Build and develop productive working relationships with external service providers and internal cross-functional stakeholders.
- Negotiate and execute complex contracts/SOWs for desired services.
- Monitor and assess performance of external services partners, ensuring they perform in accordance with agreed upon contracts. Put appropriate corrective measures in place and/or develop alternative solutions to address performance issues.
- Analyze HUB and co-pay operating data to identify trends and opportunities for process/program improvement. Oversee design, development and implementation of workflows to assure seamless experience for customers.
- Develop and maintain all program materials, including call guides, SOPs, work instructions and training resources per Viela Bio’s legal, medical and regulatory approval process.
- Ensure that contracted patient services team, other external services partners/HUBs, and internal stakeholders (marketing, market access, trade and sales) are properly educated on the features and benefits of patient services programs.
- Oversee development and management of HUB operations budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure that all actions, and those of his/her team both internally and through vendors working on our behalf, are compliant with all laws, regulations and policies and demonstrate Viela Bio values.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 6-8 years commercial or operations experience in biotech/pharmaceuticals with at least 5+ years leading large, complex HUB operating teams.
- Experience managing multiple patient service vendors.
- Product launch experience desired.
- Self-directed, hands on approach.
- Analytic skills, project management and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel: as needed
Education & Minimal Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business, scientific or related field; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
Please click HERE to submit your resume and cover letter. (Make sure to click Upload button on bottom left after your file selections)