Job Ref ID: 2019-059
Summary of Position
Viela Bio is looking for a talented and highly motivated Global Publications Lead. This person will be responsible for delivering the strategic publications plan for the assigned product and indications and will lead a cross-matrix team at Viela Bio to channel our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
The visibility of this role will provide opportunities for significant interactions with senior and global stakeholders in the organization as well as key external stakeholders.
- Lead development/execution of the publication strategy and tactical plan for global clinical studies in humans from Phase I-IV and non-clinical trial sources, including health economics/outcomes research, epidemiology, real-world evidence (RWE), payer, and non-interventional studies, aligned with a specific medical strategy and objectives.
- Primary accountability for medical information deliverables related to marketed and pipeline NMO products including creation and regular revision of standing response letters, FAQ documents and any required custom responses; oversees medical component of call center implementation.
- Head the development of scientific, clinical and RWE planning data into timely publications for prescribers, payers, and patients through disease state and medicine insights; leads effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and external alliances.
- Track existing publication plans to ensure alignment with evidence plans.
- Day-to-day management of assigned publication plans, delivery of outputs, financial tracking and meeting activities, working closely with all members of the delivery teams.
- Develop a thorough understanding of internal and external stakeholders to further the leverage of clinical and RWE studies.
- Manage external agency partners to ensure accuracy of publication plan and publication deliverables with respect to time, quality and cost, and ensuring correct compliance documentation.
- Complete multiple projects with a common deadline.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Due to the importance of this product launch timing, must be experienced publications professional, ready for new challenges with creative and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Pre-launch and post-launch experience.
- Ability to manage external vendors and provide clear, concise guidance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and system management experience (e.g. Datavision, SharePoint, Veeva Vault, etc.).
- Demonstrated performance, budget and resource management skills in a global organization.
- Ability to understand and adhere to good publication practices and relevant guidelines on and scientific data communication, such as ICMJE, GPP3, company policy and SOPs.
- Ideally possess prior experience in rare disease and/or immunology space.
- Broad understanding of drug development process.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with external experts, investigators, journal editors/publishers and professional bodies publication management systems Certification as a Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) is a plus.
- Poise in senior leader engagement.
- Ability to prioritize, thrive and execute in high pressure situations.
- Collaborative and consultative cross-matrix abilities.
- Ability to appreciate and work within a large strategic framework, while maintaining strong attention to detail and compliance with global publications ethical standards, company publications policy and SOPs.
Education & Minimal Requirement
Relevant University Degree (BS/BA) and 8+ years of experience in publication planning/medical communications or Advanced degree in a scientific or medical discipline (e.g. PharmD, PhD, MD) and 2+ years of therapeutic area expertise
Please click HERE to submit your resume and cover letter. (Make sure to click Upload button on bottom left after your file selections)